Chapter 7: The Media, Government and Politics
8.1|What is the Media?
- Describe the power problem
- What's the main problem within Congress?
- How was Congress designed to act?
- Because Congress was intended as the first branch of government by the Founders what were the two effects of that decision?
- How has the power of Congress evolved over time?
- What two responsibilities does modern Congress focus on?
- What are the reasons Congress lost power to the Executive branch?
- Describe the separation of powers as it relates to Congress, lawmaking and the other branches
- Powers that Senate has
- Enumerated v. implied powers
- Be familiar with the list of enumerated powers that are most relevant to modern America
- What article of the Constitution lists Congress' powers?
- Necessary and proper clause/elastic clause
- McCulloch v. Maryland