Chapter 6: The Politics of Public Opinion
6.1|The Politics of Public Opinion
- Describe the power problem
- What's the main problem within Congress?
- How was Congress designed to act?
- Because Congress was intended as the first branch of government by the Founders what were the two effects of that decision?
- How has the power of Congress evolved over time?
- What two responsibilities does modern Congress focus on?
- What are the reasons Congress lost power to the Executive branch?
- Describe the separation of powers as it relates to Congress, lawmaking and the other branches
- Powers that Senate has