Assessment #5 - Test 3/31
1. Law of demand - definition that includes the relationship between price and quantity demanded
2. Law of supply - definition that includes the relationship between price and quantity demanded
3. The six demand shifters and their definitions
4. Six supply shifters and their definitions.
Given examples, be able to identify which way the supply or demand curve will shift and the supply or demand shifter that explains the reason
5. Definition of fiscal policy and who carries out fiscal policy
6. Definition of monetary policy and who carries out monetary policy
7. What are the two (2) main fiscal policy tools
8. If economy is expansionary/inflationary what should be done with the two fiscal policy tools? (brake)
9. If economy is contractionary/recessionary what should be done with the two fiscal policy tools? (accelerator)
10. What are the two (2) main monetary policy tools?
11. If economy is expansionary/inflationary what should be done with the two monetary policy tools? (brake)
12. If economy is contractionary/recessionary what should be done with the two monetary policy tools? (accelerator)
13. Who is the Chairperson of Federal Reserve
14. What is a stock
15. What is a mutual fund
16. What is an ETF
Link to differences between mutual funds and ETFs (note: the table with yes/no responses is not aligned)
17. What is the Dow Jones Industrial Average? What does it measure?
18. What is the S&P 500. What does it measure?
19. What are advantages of mutual funds/ETF v. individual stocks
20. What to consider - BESIDES GOALS - before buying mutual fund/ETF?
21. What is principal as it relates to a loan
22. Explain the difference between saving and investing by defining both and comparing and contrasting them
23. Define inflation
24. What is the relationship between inflation and interest on your savings
25. Define the time value of money and why it is important when investing
26. Define dollar cost averaging and why it is important to understand as an investor
27. Define what an index fund is
28. Explain the difference between an actively managed fund and a passively managed fund
29. What is diversification as it relates to investing. Why is it important.
30. What is PMI?
31. What is home equity?
32. How much do you need to put down on a home purchase to avoid paying PMI?
33. What is principal as it relates to home purchasing
34. How is a deposit different from a down payment?
--Economic reasoning – 1-6
Assessment #4 - Test 2/26, 2/27
You are also responsible for the one-page blue copy that lists the different types of taxes:
You are responsible for the: